Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Greatest Triumph for an Educator

This excerpt came from the intro of a book on science and faith (I am not endorsing the book, since I know nothing else about it). I liked his description of learning, however. Like me, he has no original thoughts.

“This book has been half a lifetime in gestation. I owe an enormous debt for what I have learned from authors, friends, colleagues, teachers, and acquaintances, all too numerous for me to be able to recall. Most of the ideas here, even those that I can't remember learning from someone else, I probably owe in part to others. I have always thought it is the greatest triumph for an educator when the ideas they are seeking to inculcate become such an integral part of the student's thinking that the student doesn't remember where they came from. If so, then my own teachers, formal and informal, are triumphant.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment