Tuesday, November 8, 2011

There Was a Day When I Died

I read this book for school this semester. George Muller was a 19th century German-British Christian who is famous for running multiple orphanages without ever asking people for money (he asked God, and God moved the people to give). It's a rather amazing story.
"What is the secret of your service for God," someone once asked Muller. 
"There was a day when I died, utterly died," he replied, and as he spoke he bent lower and lower until he almost touched the floor, "died to George Muller, his opinions, preferences, tastes, and will--died to the world, its approval and censure--died to the approval and blame of even my brethren and friends--and since then I have studied to show myself approved only unto God." 
Roger Steer, George Muller Delighted in God 

No comments:

Post a Comment